Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day!

I survived the first day of school (obviously). It was a great learning experience; the most important thing I learned - teaching is exhausting.

Yes, they preach that in college every year but until you're actually responsible for 155 kids you don't realize exactly how true it is.

Exciting things that happened: After first period we found a thong in the hallway. True story. I was hit on by a junior. And I had this conversation:

Nice young gentleman: "Are you new here?"
Me: "Yes!"
Subtle young gentleman: "Cool, what grade are you in?"
Me: "Uh, ninth."
Surprised young gentleman: "Wow! Really?"
Me: "Yea, I'm the new 9th grade reading teacher."
Awkward young gentleman: "Oh..."

After class I had to run into Walmart to get supplies for Wednesday's lessons and then we had open house from 6:30-8:30.

At 8:35 I crashed into bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - love the exchange between you and the young gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Glad you survived the first day!

    ReplyDelete