Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter is Cancelled

After how well my observation went last Thursday - it'd be crazy for me to hope the Tuesday four days later would be the same.

It was a pretty rough day. My British Literature kids were tired and nearly unresponsive. They did do what I asked them ... but forget about light jokes or any kind of actual conversation.

Speech was the exact opposite. All they wanted to do was talk - normally, seeing as it is SPEECH class, I'd find an activity for them to do. BUT we didn't do an "official" speech last week and we only have four days to pick a topic, research, and prepare for the Informative Speeches on Friday. So...really, not counting today's class - we only have Wednesday and Thursday! I had to constantly wait on them to listen and even then they didn't do what I asked them to. As a result of my frustration, my directions were unclear - agitating them and me!

I'm feeling a bit deflated as I sit in last hour. I have loads to finish today and Tuesdays are always a rough day as I have a meeting at 4pm, class from 6-9pm, and another meeting at 9pm. The deadline for the paper crept up on me and I have LOADS to write!

But - the good news:
  1. Tomorrow I will just try it again. Taking it slower. If we can't give the speech on Friday we will do them on Monday.
  2. I got an interview at another school. It's a bigger school -- but it is three and half hours away. :(
  3. Plus, I just noticed on my phone I have a mystery message. Maybe that's the new Dream Job at the Middle School calling me?

1 comment: